Head of state Narendra Modi released Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan Dhan (PM-SYM Scheme) under the Administrative Agency of Labour and Job in February 2019. It was gone for Vastral in Gujarat. PM-SYM is the globe’s most extensive pension scheme. Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan is a core market scheme offered for advancing years of protection and social security of Unorganised Workers (UW).
Perks of PM-SYM Scheme
The Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan Dhan is a contributive and volunteer pension account scheme that strives to finance and protect unarranged workers and the advancing year’s team. This scheme finds to benefit around 42 crore workers coming from the messed upfield of the country.
The scheme is implied to gain employees in the messy industry. This features street vendors, cart pullers, agricultural workers, mid-day food employees, construction employees, or workers in identical various other occupations. There are an estimated 42 crore, such all over the place workers, in the nation.
Under this scheme, after acquiring the age of 60 years, the recipient would get an assured monthly pension plan of Rs 3000/- each month. Also, 50% of the pension plan should be entitled to the significant other of the named beneficiary as a family member’s pension after the fatality of the beneficiary.
A few of the Advantages provided to the Beneficiary under this Scheme are mentioned listed below:
- They are provided with an ensured monthly pension where each beneficiary will receive a minimum assured pension account of Rs 3000/- each month after obtaining the age of 60.
- 50% of the pension plan acquired through the named beneficiary will undoubtedly be entitled to the partner as a loved one pension plan if the heir perishes throughout the acceptance of the pension plan.
- Suppose a named beneficiary has offered routine contribution and died due to any reason (before the grow older of 60 years). In that case, their significant other will be qualified to join and continue the scheme ultimately through repayment of regular contribution or exit the system based on regulations of exit and drawback.
Also Read: Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY)
Who is entitled under the PM-SYM Scheme?
To be eligible under the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan Dhan, the candidate needs to meet the below-mentioned criteria:
- They should be a confused laborer (UW) aged between 18 years to 40 years.
- They should possess a month-to-month income of Rs. 15,000 or even under.
- They need to have an Aadhar card, a Savings Bank Account/Jan Dhan account number, and IFSC.
Any person engaged in the Organised Market (membership of EPF/NPS/ESIC) and is an earnings taxpayer will not be entitled to obtain the PM-SYM Scheme.
How to Sign up for PM-SYM?
The qualified participant will undoubtedly be required to possess a savings bank account, mobile phone, and Aadhaar variety before signing up under the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan Dhan.
- They might go to the local Common Services Centres (CSC eGovernance Providers India Limited (CSC SPV) and obtain signed up for PM-SYM using the Aadhaar variety and savings bank account/Jan-Dhan account variety in a self-certification manner.
- The recipient can likewise check out the PM-SYM internet gateway and self-register using the Aadhar number/savings financial institution account/Jan-Dhan profile number on a self-certification basis.
- The registration process is executed by various enrolment firms referred to as Typical Companies Centres. The UW groups may explore their nearby CSC together with their papers and receive registration for the PM-SYM Scheme.
- Life Insurance Policy Firm, ESIC/EPFO, plus all Labour offices of Central and Condition Federal governments, will assist in the messed up laborers about the perks and enrolment operation of the PM-SYM Scheme.
Applicants should follow the most up-to-date developments in Current Affairs about other government schemes for their UPSC 2022-23 preparation.