What else is good other than homemade food, especially if it is cooked by your mother! The smell and the taste of Indian curry are always the best to entice your appetite and satisfy your taste buds. However, cooking homemade food needs blending and grinding of Indian masala in the best possible way, which means you should always have the best mixer grinders assistant in your kitchen.
There are so many types of mixer grinders available in the market, each boasting of their characteristics and you might get confused about which to buy.
The best way to approach this problem is that you should know the nitty-gritty of a mixer grinder machine and take an informed decision when buying the grinding machine.
That is why we would like to present our buying guide explaining the mixer grinder technologies and then bring the top 10 best mixer grinders in India available in the market so that you can choose among them according to your needs.
10 Best Mixer Grinders in India
|Best Mixer Grinders||Power||Jars||Warranty||CHECK|
|Preethi Zodiac Mixer Grinder||750 Watt||5||2 Years||CHECK|
|Philips HL 1645 Super Silent||750 Watt||3||2 Years||CHECK|
|Panasonic MX-AC400 Mixer Grinder||550 Watt||4||4 Years||CHECK|
|Bajaj Rex Mixer Grinder||500 Watt||3||1 Year||CHECK|
|Philips HL 7720 Mixer Grinder||750 Watt||3||2 Years||CHECK|
|Maharaja Whiteline Mg Joy Elite (MX-166)||750 Watt||3||2 Years||CHECK|
|Morphy Richards Superb 500 W||500 Watt||3||2 Years||CHECK|
|Bajaj Twister 750 W||750 Watt||3||1 Year||CHECK|
|Prestige Iris Mixer Grinder||750 Watt||4||2 Years||CHECK|
|Prestige Stylo 750 W||750 Watt||3||2 Years||CHECK|
1. Preethi Zodiac MG 218 – 750 Watt Mixer Grinder
Preethi Zodiac MG 218 is a mixer grinder that offers a complete package any housewife would need in her kitchen. It not only offers wet and dry grinding but other types of grinding as well.
MG 218 provides 5 jars that are used for citrus press, atta kneading, chopping, slicing, and grating. It offers a 3-in-1 instant fresh juicer that is capable of extracting juice very fast. Its high-power 750-watt motor is super fast and can grind turmeric in just 2 minutes. Why not?
When you are getting a motor speed of 18,000 RPM. All the jars have razor-sharp stainless steel blades capable of providing high-quality grinding and juicing.
The machine has 3-speed controls with a rotator switch. Besides, the product offers superb safety features such as an anti-lock system and automatic overload protection. It comes with 2 years warranty on the product and 5 years warranty on the motor.
- The mixer grinder offers a different set of blades for different grinding tasks like grating, chopping, slicing, and atta kneading.
- MG218 is equipped with a very powerful 750-watt Vega W5 motor that gives high performance.
- The mixer comes with a centrifugal juicing attachment and a super extractor that are capable of making juices in a super-fast manner.
- There is a safety indicator in Preethi Zodiac. When there is an overload, the colour of the indicator changes from blue to red. This helps users to detect the problem and reset the overload protector system located at the bottom of the machine.
- Preethi Zodiac is an all-rounder mixer grounder that does all kinds of food processing
- The mixer comes with 5 jars
- The mixer becomes too noisy at times
- The plastic body is not convincing
2. Philips HL 1645 Super Silent 750 Watt Mixer Grinder
Philips is one of the most trustworthy brands and it does not fail when it comes to mixer grinders as well. Philips HL 1645 is powerful with a 750 watts motor for heavy grinding tasks but super silent at the same time due to its advanced design.
The machine comes with 4 jars that include a Chutney jar, a Wet Grinding jar, a multi-purpose jar, and a Blender Jar. It also offers a blender Jar with a fruit filter. Its Reverse Quadra Flow technology prevents food items from sticking on the wall of the jars.
The machine has 3-speed controls with a rotator knob. It is equipped with all the essential safety features such as overload protection and the anti-lock system. It comes with 2 years warranty.
- The automatic shutdown feature of overload protection guarantees better safety and longer shelf life
- The unique Reverse Quadra Flow technology prevents stickiness of items to the wall
- The power indicator is visible showing on/off status.
- Non-slip foot ensures no slippage
- Super silent yet powerful motor
- High-end design that takes lesser space and makes it easy to clean
- Poor-quality jar caps
- Machine gets heated very easily
3. Panasonic MX-AC400- 550 Watt Mixer Grinder
Panasonic is a trusted Japanese brand that delivers a durable mixer grinder such as MX-AC400. Its 550-watt motor is capable of handling everyday wet and dry grinding tasks very easily.
The product offers 4 types of jars that include Chutney Jar, Blender Jar, Mill Jar, and Juicer Jar. The jars are equipped with Samurai-edge stainless steel blades that can grind meat and other hard food items just like butter. The product’s awesome flow beaker jars and magic seal protection prevent the entry of water into the main motor.
The machine has 4-speed controls with piano-like buttons. Its unique interlocking safety system between jar base and grinder and lid-locking system give it an edge over its competitors. It also comes with overload protection. Panasonic provides 2 years warranty on the product and 5 years warranty on the motor.
- The product offers safety features as per international standard
- Overload protection has an automatic shutdown feature
- Speed control buttons are separate unlike knob-like system
- Equipped with a unique interlocking safety system
- Shockproof body
- Unique safety features
- Low watts of power could be an issue for high-performance tasks
- The machine gets noisy after usage
4. Bajaj Rex 500 W Mixer Grinder
Bajaj is one of the trustworthy Indian brands that never fails in its product offerings. Rex 500 is no exception. It is available at a very cheap price. It comes with a powerful 500-watt motor meant for heavy grinding tasks. It also has a rust-proof body that fails to corrode easily. Thanks to its ABS plastic body that makes it super strong and non-corrosive.
The mixer grinder has 3 high tensile jars – liquidizing jar, grinding jar and chutney jar, all made of stainless steel. All the jars have grip handles that enable easy handling while operating.
The mixer has a 3-speed control system with incher facility for smooth operability. It comes with all the essential safety features such as overload protection and the anti-lock system. The product offers a 1-year warranty.
- The high-quality motor ensures fine quality grinding of all types of food items (liquid or dry)
- Jars are well built with stainless steel
- Comes with essential safety features such as overload protection
- One of the cheapest mixers available in the Indian market
- Efficient 3-way speed control
- Limited 1-year warranty
- The mixer gets very noisy and overheated
- The jar caps get loose after few usages
5. Philips HL 7720 750 W Mixer Grinder
Philips HL 7720 is another powerful Philips mixer grinder with a 750-watt motor. It has an advanced ventilation system that enables low emit of heat from the motor. The mixer has a rust-free stainless steel design.
HL 7720 comes with 3 jars – the main jar, a middle jar and a chutney jar. The machine has 3-speed controls with a rotator knob.
The machine is equipped with superb safety features such as overload protection, an anti-lock system and vacuum feet for better grip. It comes with 2 years warranty.
- Tough stainless steel blades enable smoother and faster grinding
- Innovative design prevents motor damage due to prolonged use
- Auto-cut-off components guarantee a longer shelf life
- An advanced ventilation system reduces the heat of the motor
- Toughened stainless steel blades
- Advanced safety feature
- The machine is not as powerful as it should be
- Body material is not as strong as in other models
6. Maharaja Whiteline Mg Joy Elite (MX-166)
Maharaja Whiteline Mg Joy Elite is one of the best mixer grinders available in the Indian market due to its unique features and quality. The machine has powerful grinding capability due to its 750-watt motor.
MX-166 contains 4 stainless steel jars that are meant for multi-purpose use. It also offers a different jar to make fruit juice and vegetable juice along with a fruit filter.
The machine has 4-speed controls with a rotator knob. It has essential safety features such as overload protection and an anti-lock system. Maharaja Whiteline Mg Joy Elite comes with 2 years warranty on the product and a 5-year warranty on the motor.
- The product comes with 4 types of multi-purpose jars
- The oval depression of jars enables better grinding
- The mixer has a beautiful design and is heavy-duty at the same time
- Advanced safety features such as auto switch off, non-slip feet and the anti-lock system
- Availability of fruit filter
- Powerful grinding technology makes grinding tasks quickly
- A bit expensive given the features
- The motor is a bit noisy
7. Morphy Richards Superb 500 W
Morphy Richards is an international brand that offers good quality products at pocket-friendly prices. The Superb 500-W mixer grinder is no exception. Its 500-watt motor is very reliable due to its ABS plastic body, which makes it shock resistant and durable at the same time.
Superb 500 W mixer grinder contains 3 stainless steel jars used for liquidizing, grinding and chutney making. The machine boasts 3 different kinds of blades for multiple purposes.
The mixer has 3-speed controls with a rotator knob. Its overload protection system guarantees usage for long hours without any breakdown. The product comes with 2 years warranty.
- ABS body acts as heatproof and shockproof
- Equipped with 3 toughened stainless steel blades which are interchangeable based on the type of requirement
- Ergonomically designed handles provide better gripping
- All the 3 jars are made of high-quality steel that ensures longer shelf life
- High tensile strength guarantees durability
- Convenient body design
- Availability of a limited number of jars
- ABS body has vibration issues on hard processing tasks
8. Bajaj Twister 750 W
Bajaj Twister is the second most affordable mixer grinder after Rex 500. Its powerful 750-watt motor is capable of wet and dry grinding in a perfect manner. Also thanks to its multifunction blades that make this task easier.
Bajaj Twister offers 3 stainless steel jars. All the jars have dom lids, PC lids, and clips. The product has essential safety features such as overload protection and an anti-locking system. It has 3-speed control and comes with 5 years warranty on the motor and 2 years on the product.
- The two main capacity jars come with a lid-locking facility
- Jars are designed to handle both light and hard grinding tasks
- The product has 4 multi-functioning blades for high-performance grinding
- The product comes with preinstalled integrated motor protection features
- Low, medium and high-speed settings make grinding tasks easy
- The mixer produces less noise unlike other mixers in the same category
- Great value for money
- The lid of the jars gets loose during hard grinding processes
- The body of the jars caught rust after few uses in some cases
9. Prestige Iris 750 W
Prestige is a renowned brand for home appliances and Iris 750-watt mixer grinder is one of their best offerings. Its powerful 500-watt motor enables superb grinding. Its transparent design enables a clear view of the grinding and blending process.
Iris comes with 4 jars, of which, 3 are made of stainless steel, while the rest is a juicer jar. Its Efficient Blade System is capable of blending food items perfectly. This is because the blades are made of premium quality stainless steel. The product comes with 2 years warranty.
- 4 jars are available that facilitate all kinds of grinding tasks including fresh juices
- Premium quality blades enable superfine grinding
- The jars have a sturdy handle
- Unique transparent design
- The durable plastic body ensures better grip and no slippage
- The product comes with a 2-year warranty
- Better service due to the Prestige brand (mainly offline purchases)
- The power of the motor is not very influential
10. Prestige Stylo 750 W
As the name suggests, Prestige Stylo is a stylish grinder that is capable of doing grinding tasks very smoothly. The product has 3 stainless steel jars that do light to hard grinding very easily due to its multi-purpose blades that are made of stainless steel. All the jars have sturdy handles that enable easy handling during the grinding process.
Prestige Stylo has a water drainage option in the stainless steel jars, which is a very special feature available in the particular price range. The product comes with 2 years warranty.
- The mixer has a heavy-duty motor that carries out every grinding task very easily
- 3 stainless steel jars do dry grinding, wet grinding and chutney grinding tasks efficiently
- The product comes with a water drain outlet
- LED power indicator makes operations very easy
- Aesthetic design
- Value for money
- A little bit noisy compared to peer models
- Lack of juice extractor jar
Things to Look While Buying The Best Mixer Grinders
Basics of Mixer Grinder
1. Components of a Mixer Grinder
A mixer grinder mainly has two parts – the main mixer and the jars. The main mixer holds the motors and electrical that help in rotating the blades (preferably made of stainless steel) used for grinding and mixing. There are mainly two jars provided with the machine – one used for wet food processing while the other is used for dry processing tasks. These two jars normally vary in size and the type of material they are made of.
The wet food processing jar does heavy tasks such as making coconut paste or even mincing meat. As a result, they are mostly made of steel and are bigger than wet processing jars to handle solid substances. On the other hand, the dry food processing jar is comparatively smaller in size and does all the light-weighted dry blending tasks such as grinding spices into fine powder or grinding coffee beans.
2. Types of Mixer Grinders
There are mainly two types of mixer grinders – Mixer Grinder or Juicer Mixer Grinder. The Mixer Grinder is the normal mixer grinder while Juicer Mixer Grinder is a combo that provides an additional liquidizing jar that helps in making fruit juices, etc. It is better to spend your hard-earned money on a Juicer Mixer Grinder rather than a normal Mixer Grinder because that would save the cost and space of adding a separate Juicer.
A good mixer grinder should be user-friendly and have a convenient design so that it appeals to consumers and makes it easy to use at the same time.
Features of Mixer Grinders
The intensity of the processing ability of a mixer grinder depends on the power (watts) of the machine. The normal processing tasks such as masala grinding, chutney grinding and other dry grinding need a power of 400 to 500 watts.
However, if you want to use your mixer grinder for heavy processing tasks such as grinding an Idly Dosa batter, you should look for a machine having at least 750 watts of power in the motor.
The speed of rotor blades is measured in revolutions per minute (RPM). It is better to choose a mixer grinder that provides different levels of speed for different grinding tasks.
Generally, the mixer grinder is designed with an RPM level of 18,000 to 22,000. The speed levels are controlled by a switch system so that the food items in the grinder do not float or the grinder do not blast when maximum speed is reached. It is therefore recommended to operate the mixer grinder at medium speed in general.
3. Safety Lock System
A safety lock system is one of the most important features of a mixer grinder. The locking system ensures that the grinder does not start operating until the jars are properly fixed with the base unit. This would prevent accidents while operating the grinder. The best mixer grinders in India would always include the safety lock system.
4. Vacuum Footing Cups
Before buying a mixer grinder, you should ensure that the grinding machine has vacuum footing cups attached to it. The vacuum cups will hold the mixer machine onto the kitchen top or table or any space where it will be placed so that once the machine starts operating food items do not spill, the machine does not tumble or the motor does not break.
5. Automatic Overload Protection
The best mixer grinders in India would have this feature. Often we tend to overload the mixer with lots of stuff that it can no more handle. This can result in overheating or bursting of the motor. The automatic overload protection in the mixer enables automatic shut down of the motor in case of overloading and helps the motor from breaking down, increasing the shelf life of the motor.
6. Number of Jars
The more the number of jars the more it is flexible for users to undertake different kinds of grinding tasks. A good mixer comes with different jars that are to be used for different kinds of blending, grinding or whipping. Usually, they come with 3 jars – medium-sized jars for wet grinding tasks, small-sized jars for dry grinding tasks and large-sized jars for juicing.
7. Service and Warranty
Every electronic product is susceptible to breakdown or failure no matter how best they are. Therefore, it is always prudent to check the service and warranty provided by the product for a hassle-free experience.
You must check that there are properly written down service and warranty details available with the product and there are service centres available near your location for any repair or replacement of the product.
Choosing the perfect mixer grinder for your household might be a difficult task but we have given our best effort to give you an unbiased review on each of the products to decide the best mixer grinders in India.
We are sure this buying guide and mixer reviews will save you time by going through different websites or shops for a better understanding of the products.
However, there is still more to be done such as reading the hands-on customer reviews on the products so that you can take an informed decision in all possible ways.